Winning team earns $1,500
LOUISVILLE, Ky., (April 20, 2017) — The 17th class of the Leadership Louisville Center’s Ignite Louisville program graduated on Wednesday following a day of presentations to a panel of judges. The team working with Family & Children’s Place was named the winner of the Yum! IGNITES Louisville Challenge and will receive the $1,500 prize. Each team averaged about 450 hours of service and provided an average of $40,000 in value to the nonprofit agency.
Presented by Norton Healthcare, Ignite Louisville is a seven-month program that grows young professionals by developing the key components of leadership. Since its inception in 2004, Ignite Louisville participants have worked on nearly 100 projects for area nonprofits to plan, execute and sustain new strategies for success. Participating nonprofits benefit from the expertise and energy of the teams, which each invest hundreds of hours with their nonprofit agency as they compete for donations made possible by the YUM! Brands Foundation.
- Family & Children’s Place — Lisa Bellafato, Passport Health Plan; Tracey Johnson, Brown-Forman Corporation; Katie Porter, Norton Healthcare; Adam Price, Volunteers of America Mid-States; Alec Risch, Heine Brother’s Coffee; Brad Savko, Republic Bank; and Whitney Schulze, ZirMed.
- The Food Literacy Project at Oxmoor Farm — Jenni Edwards; Jason Hesketh, Superb IPC; Ashley Haury, U.S. Bank; Lindy Lamkin, Kids Cancer Alliance; Jared Revlett, Tandem Public Relations; Tonya Sangester, Louisville Metro Government; and Jessica Sharon, University of Louisville,
- Greater Louisville Medical Society Foundation — Tara Carnes, Passport Health Plan; Theresa Cox, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP; Drew Eckman, Young Professionals Association of Louisville; Kristina Lowe, Universal Woods, Inc.; Kenny Moyer, Republic Bank; Annabelle Pike, University of Louisville; and Maria Wilson, Enterprise Holding.
- Kids Center for Pediatric Therapies — Sydney Doctor, Greater Louisville Inc.; Eric Gurevich, Fund for the Arts; Jason Larkin, Messer Construction Co.; Tova Levin, Humana Inc.; Brittany Lutke, Data Cave Inc.; Toya Northington, ArtThrust; and Mark Shelton, DBS Interactive.
- The Louisville Nature Center — Nikki Carver, Mercer; Meagan Bartholomew Cecil, Vimarc; Jacqueline Jarboe, Humana Inc.; Kelsey Oliver, Yum! Brands, Inc.; Chris Staples, Hilliard Lyons Trust Company; Wes Sydnor, Louisville MSD; and Laura Wince, Delta Dental of Kentucky.
- Mission Behind Bars and Beyond — Ali Edelstein, Kentucky Distillers Association; Adam Emrick, Olin Brass; Natalie Gupton, AgSafe, Children’s Hospital Foundation; Rachel Overton, University of Louisville Athletics; Dan Robbins, Brown-Forman Corporation; Janna Woodfork, Transit Authority of River City; and Jesse Yarbrough, Louisville Emergency Services.