Awarded to 50 businesses
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (May 19, 2017) — The annual Mayor’s Healthy Hometown Movement Worksite Wellness Awards were given today to 40 Louisville businesses and 10 businesses from other parts of the state.
Winners were recognized at the Worksite Wellness Council of Louisville’s Annual Conference and Awards Presentation at the Gheens Foundation Lodge at Beckley Creek Park. More than 250 representatives from businesses attended the conference.
Awards recognize small, medium and large businesses that lead the way in implementing evidence-based health interventions and strategies. Awards are based on the nationally recognized CDC Worksite Wellness Scorecard. Points are assigned for proven health promotion strategies in several areas, including tobacco control, nutrition, physical activity, and stress management.
- Agent Link
- Charter Communications
- Kentucky Lottery Corporation
- Power Agency
- Stoll Keenon Ogden PLLC.
- American Printing House for the Blind
- Briggs and Stratton (Murray)
- Chemical –Industrial Engineering
- Hardin Memorial Health Services
- James Marine Inc. (Paducah)
- Van Zandt, Emrich & Cary Inc.
- Assured Partners NL
- Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering (Paducah)
- City of Mayfield (Mayfield)
- Centerstone Kentucky
- Epic Insurance Solutions
- Guess Inc.
- Holland Stivers Inc. (Paducah)
- Louisville Metro Government
- Masonic Homes of Kentucky
- McCracken County Fiscal Court (Paducah)
- Paducah Bank (Paducah)
- Park Community Credit Union
- Passport Health Plan
- Premier Packaging
- Rockcastle Regional Hospital Respiratory Care Center (Mt Vernon)
- Raytheon Company
- Schneider Electric
- Steel Technologies LLC
- Strategic Communications
- Sullivan University
- University of Louisville
- University of Louisville Physicians
- UPS Brokerage
- Volunteers of America Mid-States
- Anthem Inc.
- Baptist Health-Floyd Memorial Health Services
- Brown Forman Corporation
- Christian Care Communities
- Dow Chemical Company
- Humana Inc.
- KentuckyOne Health
- Kentucky Center for Performing Arts
- LG&E and KU Energy LLC.
- Musselman Hotels
- Norton Healthcare
- Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital (Ashland)
- Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems (Bowling Green)
Four companies also were recognized with the “Fleur de Lis” award, created to honor businesses of small, medium, large and very large sizes who were hitting and, in some cases, exceeding their wellness targets. These companies also have top management committed to health and wellness initiatives and offer a variety of opportunities for employees to obtain health information from lunch and learns and webinars to exercise classes. They are committed to community engagement by encouraging employees to participate in community walks and runs as well as the Mayor’s Give a Day Week of Service.
The four companies are: Epic Insurance Solutions (small), Musselman Hotels (medium), Baptist Health – Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services (large) and KentuckyOne Health (very large).