COVINGTON, Ky. — UpTech, Greater Cincinnati’s accelerator for B2B data-driven startups, has selected six startups from across the country to take part in the accelerator’s next cohort, UpTech 7. The startups hail from San Francisco, New York, Austin and Cincinnati and began their 4+1 month program on Sept. 4.
Each startup receives an investment of up to $50,000 and free office space in UpTech’s Covington location. Additionally, UpTech provides each startup a team of business support partners, mentors, community partners, and a wealth of other resources designed to educate and guide the startups as they aspire to become investable startups.
“Every year brings a new set of startup founders who bring with them diverse perspectives and a wealth of experience. This year is no exception as we’re fortunate to again have such fantastic talent coming to our region from all over the world,” said JB Woodruff, managing director of UpTech. “I look forward to watching their growth and achievements over the next few months as they get to know our StartupCincy community.”
UpTech is excited to expand its roster of community partners with two new partners this year, the City of Covington and Wunderfund. Along with current partner St. Elizabeth Healthcare, these organizations will work closely with the UpTech team and members of our seventh cohort.
UpTech helps its startups become market-ready by providing each startup with access to a myriad of mentors and learning opportunities, as well as a dedicated team of professionals with backgrounds in accounting, banking, legal, and sales and marketing.
UpTech’s newest portfolio companies include the following:
- Birmo, Inc.: Birmo Inc. maximizes parking efficiency in urban environments. They maximize parking revenue and planning for municipalities via advanced data capture and analysis, all while improving the experience for those using the parking.
- Convolytics: Convolytics analyzes sales calls to unlock deep insights on how to improve calls and get better results. Sales reps can now get instant feedback on how to communicate more effectively to close more deals.
- OrgAnalytix: OrgAnalytix enables team leaders to harness the power of employee relationship networks when making team-related decisions to enhance performance, morale and/or reduce attrition.
- Plantalytics: Plantalytics empowers alternative farmers to spend more time farming and less time planning through the use of digital tools and recordkeeping while ensuring food safety compliance.
- TruCircle: TruCircle makes it easier for mental health professionals to connect and engage with their clients through the use of video conferencing, training and client engagement tools.
- Weeve: Weeve enables companies to proactively define a cultural vision and organically identify issues through the use of an AI-driven chatbot that directly interacts with employees to pull out better, more frequent insights to intelligently recommend actions for organizational improvement.