Frankfort, Ky. — The state of Kentucky has released guidelines for trick or treat 2020.
Safe activities include:
- Carving and decorating pumpkins at home.
- Decorating homes and living spaces.
- Having a virtual Halloween costume contest.
- Watching Halloween movies with people you live with.
- Having scavenger hunts and trick-or-treating at home.
High-risk activities include:
- Traditional door-to-door trick-or-treating.
- Trunk-or-treat events with large groups in parking lots.
- Costume parties.
- Haunted houses.
Halloween masks are not considered face coverings, health officials are stressing. Face coverings should be worn under Halloween masks or opt for Halloween-themed clothed face coverings.
If you’re going trick-or-treating, do it with family groups and don’t congregate in large groups, according to the guidance from Kentucky.