VERSAILLES, Ky. — The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Mmarketing teams received several Medallion Awards for outstanding achievement in marketing communications, including top honors in several categories. The awards are sponsored by the National Conference for Marketing and Public Relations (NCMPR) District 2, which includes community colleges in 11 southeastern states, along with the Bahamas and Bermuda. Winners were announced today during a virtual celebration.
The KCTCS marketing team in Versailles received awards in the following categories:
- Gold: Logo Design – New KCTCS logo
- Gold: Successful Recruitment or Marketing Program – The Real World advertising campaign
- Gold: Microsite – The Real World
- Gold and Silver: Digital ads
- Silver: Brochure – Advocacy brochure
- Bronze: Long form video – Alumni success story
Four KCTCS college marketing departments also won awards.
Big Sandy Community and Technical College
- Gold: E-cards
- Silver: Electronic Newsletter
- Bronze: Poster (single or series)
- Bronze: Video Shorts (single)
Bluegrass Community and Technical College
- Silver: Novelty Advertising
Hazard Community and Technical College
- Bronze: Book or Specialty Publication
West Kentucky Community and Technical College
- Silver: Academic Catalog
- Silver: Class Schedule Logo Design
Additionally, KCTCS Chief Marketing Officer Terri Giltner won the Communicator of the Year Award. During her 16 years at KCTCS, Giltner turned the department into a full-service marketing agency serving the 16 colleges. She established a research-based marketing framework that includes on-going statewide market research and data-driven campaigns. She created marketing policies and procedures for crisis communications, branding, web services, social media and media relations.
The award is one of the most prestigious presented to an NCMPR member who has demonstrated leadership and ability in the area of college communications. It is awarded annually in each of NCMPR’s seven districts, and district recipients automatically qualify to compete for the national award.