LEXINGTON, Ky. — The Lexington Black Prosperity Initiative (LBPI), a community-advised committee of Blue Grass Community Foundation, announces a $150,000 total grant pool for nonprofit, local government, and educational institutions with innovative programs or projects designed to advance racial equity in Fayette County.
Fayette County organizations are invited to submit proposals for projects that share one or more of the following goals:
- Increase Black economic prosperity
- Close Black racial equity gaps in Lexington
- Increase opportunities for natural area beautification and environmental stewardship in predominantly Black neighborhoods
Bring people together across racial divides
- Promote racial healing
- Promote equity among all Lexingtonians regardless of race
- Create solidarity among all Lexingtonians across color, origin, and class
Partnerships and collaboration with other agencies on grant proposals are strongly encouraged. Preference will be given to applicant organizations or collaborations that are Black-led.
The $150,000 Better Together grant pool is supported by funding from LBPI, Walton Family Foundation, and Blue Grass Community Foundation. LBPI will award six grants of $5,000 for small-scale projects, two grants of $10,000 each for mid-scale projects, and two grants of $50,000 for larger-scale projects. Applicant organizations can submit up to one proposal for each grant tier; however, an applicant is eligible to receive only one grant.
The application deadline is June 15, 2022.
Click here for more Kentucky business news.