Part of Global Entrepreneurship Week from Nov. 17-22
OWENSBORO, Ky. (Nov. 3, 2014) — The Owensboro Office of the Kentucky Innovation Network is hosting a series of events in November to celebrate and foster entrepreneurship and small business throughout the Greater Owensboro region.
As part of Global Entrepreneurship Week from Nov. 17-22, events will feature intimate networking gatherings held throughout the seven-county GRADD region, social events to connect participants to potential collaborators and mentors and will culminate with the inaugural “Hot Chocolate Challenge,” that will engage elementary school students in the business startup process.
“Small business growth is truly the backbone of our local, regional and state economy. The data consistently shows that if entrepreneurs are provided with the proper resources, they will create companies that sustain our economy in the future,” said Joe Berry, Kentucky Innovation Network Director and Vice President of Entrepreneurship at the Greater Owensboro Economic Development Corporation (GOEDC). “The Owensboro Office of the Kentucky Innovation Network office is honored to be the lead sponsor for this year’s slate of events celebrating Global Entrepreneurship Week and it is our hope that we can provide our small business community with a fun, exciting and innovative experience that offers something for everyone.”
Schedule of events:
Monday, Nov. 17
- Small Business Resource Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., KYNDLE Training Room, 145 N. Main St., Henderson.
Tuesday, Nov. 18
- Regional Small Business Networking Reception-KYNDLE, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Verlies Bar & Grille (101 W. Main Street, Morganfield)
Wednesday, Nov. 19
- Regional Small Business Networking Reception-Owensboro (RSVP by Nov. 17), 5:30-7:30 p.m., Centre for Business & Research (1010 Allen Street, Owensboro)
Thursday, Nov. 20
- Entrepreneurs on Tap Social (RSVP by Nov. 17), 5:30-8 p.m., The Miller House
Saturday, Nov. 22
- “Hot Chocolate Challenge.” 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Owensboro Convention Center Lawn