Awards are Sept. 14
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Aug. 11, 2015) — Twelve entrepreneurs from nine Kentucky counties have been selected as finalists in the 2015 Excellence in Entrepreneurship Awards (EIEA) program and will be recognized at a regional awards luncheon in September at The Center for Rural Development.
EIEA recognizes and promotes small business owners and entrepreneurs in the region who have exemplified the entrepreneurial spirit by creating and managing a successful business enterprise.
“As a direct result of their efforts, jobs are created and new dollars flow through neighboring businesses, strengthening the foundation and fabric of our local communities,” said Brett Traver, chair of the EIEA committee. “Small businesses, and the entrepreneurs behind them, are the backbone of our region’s economy and the driving force behind the economic recovery for Southern and Eastern Kentucky.”
Finalists in each of the four EIEA business award categories will share their success stories as small business owners and entrepreneurs in Kentucky at a regional awards recognition luncheon on Sept. 14, at 11:30 a.m. at The Center for Rural Development in Somerset.
The program is open to small business owners and entrepreneurs in 55 Kentucky counties, and award criteria is based on the economic success of the enterprise, contribution to the community, and operational achievement.
This year’s EIEA finalists and their respective award categories are:
- Abby Scott, team leader, Lake Cumberland Kids, Somerset.
- Aaron Roberts, owner, Yard Farmers, LLC, Somerset.
- Kelsey Sebastian, owner, Kelsey’s on Main, Jackson.
- Kim Gardner, owner, Class 101: College Finance and Planning Eastern Kentucky, Berea.
- Lidia Godbey, owner/fitness instructor, Turn it Up Dance & Fitness Studio, Somerset.
- Blaine Staat, co-owner, Staat’s Bakery, Liberty.
- Theresa Chambers, owner, Starwood Mountain, Inc., Manchester.
- Debbie Dutton, owner, Life is Sweet Café, Somerset.
- Garry Conley, owner/president, Minuteman Press of London, London.
- Joe Crawford, executive director, Estill County 21st Century, Irvine.
- Dr. Eric Loy, chief executive officer/medical director, Cumberland Family Medical Center Inc., Burkesville.
- Dr. David Snow, director, Kentucky Innovation Network, Pikeville.