Erlanger, Ky. – 2015 marked record production for Toyota with 2,035,028 vehicles and 1,933,702 engines produced in North America. Key drivers for increased production include low fuel prices, a healthier economy and strong customer demand for Corolla, Camry, RAV4 and Tacoma.
At Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky (TMMK), over 450,000 vehicles were produced, including the new Lexus ES 350. In 2016, Toyota will celebrate its 30th anniversary in Kentucky.
“Our products are a direct reflection of our team members’ dedication and talent,” said Jim Lentz, CEO of Toyota North America. “Each vehicle that rolls off the line is an example of our commitment to safety, quality, value and above all our relentless focus to exceed customers’ expectations.”
2015 production location milestones:
- Kentucky: produced the first “U.S. built” Lexus. A $360 million investment, the introduction of the ES 350 generated 750 new jobs;
- Texas: began production of the all-new Tacoma in San Antonio;
- Indiana: produced its 4 millionth vehicle;
- Alabama: boosted V6 engine production and built its 4 millionth engine;
- Mississippi: rolled off its 500,000th Corolla;
- Mexico: Toyota’s full assembly plant in Baja California began a three crew/three shift operation to meet increased demand of the all-new Tacoma. In addition, Mazda began production of Scion iA and Yaris in Salamanca, Guanajuato.
Toyota produces 14 models in North America including: Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Highlander, RAV4, Scion iA, Sequoia, Sienna, Tacoma, Tundra, Lexus RX 350, Lexus ES 350, Venza and Yaris; and directly employs nearly 40,000 in the region.
|Toyota North American Vehicle Production|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky, Inc. (TMMK)||Avalon||56,975||56,928|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Indiana, Inc.
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Mississippi, Inc. (TMMMS)||Corolla||189,314||190,514|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Texas, Inc. (TMMTX)||Tacoma||105,796||110,911|
|Subaru Indiana Automotive, Inc. (SIA)||Camry||93,476||79,843|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada, Inc. (TMMC)||Corolla||242,465||252,362|
|RX 450 Hybrid||8,793||8,076|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing de Baja California (TMMBC)||Tacoma||71,399||82,328|
|Mazda Motor Manufacturing de Mexico S.A. de C.V. (MMVO)||Scion iA / Toyota Yaris||–||25,395|
|Total North American Vehicle Production||Grand Total||1,985,501||2,035,028|