28th annual awards
NEW ALBANY, Ind. (March 22, 2016) — One Southern Indiana (1si) announced the winners of its 28th annual ONE Awards, formerly the Southern Indiana Business Awards. The winners received recognition at a dinner held last Thursday at Huber’s Orchard, Winery & Vineyard’s Plantation Hall. More than 350 attendees celebrated the success of these local and regional businesses.
The program recognized finalists in seven business categories who were showcased in customized videos before representatives of each award’s sponsor announced the winners. Ninety percent of the nominees’ scores were evaluated by an independent panel of judges based on criteria of business history, community involvement, response to adversity, newly-created opportunities, and innovation in products or services. The last ten percent was decided by online voting through social media.
- The City of Jeffersonville, Indiana — Brown-Forman Corporation Diversity Champion ONE Award
- Baptist Health — Wellness Coalition of Southern Indiana Growing Healthy Lives ONE Award
- Knipper and Company, Inc. — Stites & Harbison, PLLC Economic Development Impact Project of the Year ONE Award
- Beach Mold & Tool, Inc. — Business Retention and Expansion Project of the Year ONE Award
- Extol Magazine — Strothman and Company, PSC Rising Star ONE Award;
- The News and Tribune — River Valley Financial Bank, a division of German American Bank, Business of the Year ONE Award for companies with 50 or fewer employees
- Centra Credit Union — Park Community Credit Union Business of the Year ONE Award for companies with 51 or more employees