COVID-19 has brought so many changes to our work lives and will affect the way we celebrate the holidays with co-workers. Potlucks in the office, a departmentwide lunch out, the company holiday party … all need safety considerations and reconsideration.
- Any holiday meals/treats should be prepackaged (by manufacturer or restaurant) and distributed. No homemade treats this year.
- Social distancing of 6 feet between place settings is necessary for any group meals. Do not approach others when masks are off.
- Potlucks, trays of treats, and punch bowls are a source of transmission.
- Provide hand sanitizer and disinfect eating areas after you have finished.
Alternatives to parties or meals
- Livestream team parties. Have a best-dressed or best decorations contest.
- Decorate a tree with co-workers. Have a contest for the best ornament.
- Secret Santa gift swap (no homemade edibles)
- Door or cubicle decorating contest
- Ugly sweater contest
- Participate as a team to sponsor a Caring Tree family