LEXINGTON, Ky. — The Fayette Education Foundation, which supports educational excellence in Fayette County Public Schools by promoting equity for all students, announces its board of directors and executive committee for the new fiscal year beginning July 1, 2022.
The Executive Committee is as follows:
- Chair: Dr. Rodney Jackson, Owner/Dentist, Pediatric Dentistry of Hamburg
- Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect: Latarika Young, Senior Manager, Quality and Compliance, Lexmark
- Past Chair: Alan Stein, retired, LM Communications
- Treasurer: Lauren Lovely, Personal Trust Officer, Wealth Management, Central Bank & Trust Co.
- At Large: Daryl Love, Executive Director, Ed Brown Society
- At Large: Ray Daniels, Owner, Equity Solutions Group
The Fayette County Schools Superintendent, Dr. Demetrus Liggins, serves as an ex-officio member of the Foundation’s board of directors. Dr. Liggins has appointed Schuronda Morton, Acting Senior Chief of School Leadership at Fayette County Public Schools, as his board designee.
Four new community members have joined the Board of Directors for a two-year term:
- Janet Luo, Claim Consultant, CNA Insurance
- Abdul Muhammad, Senior Vice President, Kentucky Southern Indiana Regional Mortgage Manager, WesBanco
- Michele Sparks, Senior Director, Corporate Communications, Valvoline
- Kaelyn Query, Owner/Founder, Lexington Event Company
Those new members join the existing Board of Directors, listed below, who begin their new terms on July 1, 2022.
- Melissa Bacon, owner, Baconsulting
- Penny Christian, community volunteer, former president of 16th District PTA
- Noelle Dick, owner, CycleYou
- Sara Falluji, senior at Paul Laurence Dunbar HS
- Chris Ford, Commissioner of General Services, LFCUG
- DJ Geddes, VP and Director of Sales, Geddes Pool Company
- Kim Lyon, retired, Fayette County Public Schools
- Herb Miller, retired, Columbia Gas
- Kim Parker-Brown, Professor in Teacher Education, Georgetown College
- Drew Rodriguez, UK Student and Catering Director, Pasta Garage
- Kevin Stinnett, Owner/Publisher, The Lane Report and Premier Financial Group LLC
- Abby Vaughn, Business Development Director, American Trust
- Mary Ann Vimont, Associate Professor, College of Education, University of Kentucky
The Foundation operates independently of the Fayette County Public Schools yet cultivates innovations to benefit students and staff and to enhance the mission of the school district. The Foundation does not serve in an advisory capacity to the school district nor its board, therefore, has no influence over school district policies, programs, or operations.
Click here for more Kentucky business news.