Center will dedicated to former employee Glen Richardson
BARDSTOWN, Ky. (July 22, 2012) – Barton 1792 Distillery is opening its new distribution center today and will dedicate it to former employee Glen T. Richardson.
The distribution center is a 300,000-s.f. facility with a storage capacity of one million cases of spirits. Barton 1792 upgraded the facility with a cold room for heat sensitive products, additional dock spaces, and other office improvements.
Glen T. Richardson was an employee in the shipping department of Barton 1792 Distillery for 32 years until he passed away suddenly in March 2013. He was instrumental in the purchase of the new distribution center in 2012. Richardson’s family will be on hand for the dedication, and a bronze plaque will be mounted on the outside wall of the distribution center bearing his image and name.
“We are glad we are able to honor Glen for his dedication, while at the same time we are pleased to be increasing our business footprint in the Bardstown community,” said Mark Brown, president and chief executive officer of the Sazerac Company, which owns Barton 1792 Distillery.
The Barton 1792 Distribution Center is located at 1010 Withrow Court in Bardstown in the Bardstown Industrial Park. The distillery’s former distribution center was one third of the size of the new facility. It has been repurposed for bottling operations.
Barton 1792 Distillery is part of Barton Brands of Kentucky, with facilities in Bardstown, Ky., Carson, Calif., and Baltimore, Md. Barton Brands is owned by the Sazerac Company, a family-owned company based in New Orleans, La. Barton 1792 Distillery was established in 1879 and continues today as the oldest fully-operating Distillery in the “Bourbon Capital of the World.”