LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Aug. 5, 2013) — Signature HealthCARE this week acquired seven additional buildings from Kindred Healthcare, bringing Signature’s total number of locations to 87 in what has been a pivotal year bearing considerable growth for the company.
The acquired centers are:
- Signature HealthCARE of Fort Wayne (formerly Kindred Transitional Care & Rehab-Fort Wayne), Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Signature HealthCARE of Lafayette (formerly Kindred Transitional Care & Rehab-Greater Lafayette), Lafayette, Ind.
- Signature HealthCARE of South Bend (formerly Kindred Transitional Care & Rehab-South Bend), South Bend, Ind.
- Signature HealthCARE of Newburgh (formerly Angel River Health & Rehab), Newburgh, Ind.
- Creekside Care & Rehabilitation Center (formerly Guardian Care of Ahoskie), Ahoskie, N.C.
- Scotland Manor Health Care Center (formerly Guardian Care of Scotland Neck), Scotland Neck, N.C.
- Liberty Care & Rehabilitation Center (formerly Liberty Care Center), Liberty, Ky.
This week’s transaction marked Signature’s entry into North Carolina and expanded its presence in Indiana, another recently new market for Signature. The deal follows Signature’s purchase in April of six former Kindred buildings – three in Indiana and three in Kentucky. Within the past year, Signature also has acquired an Critical Access Hospital in Chipley, Fla. and a skilled-nursing hospital unit in Memphis, Tenn., moving toward the more integrated health care delivery model that is outlined in federal health care reform legislation.
All of Signature’s newly-acquired centers will undergo aesthetic upgrades and renovations. Signature’s programming and culture will be integrated into each, including clinical, spirituality, learning and quality-of-life initiatives. Recent projects for Signature include its Spiritual and Emotional Intelligence training program, a TransitionalCARE program to reduce hospital readmissions and a companywide art gallery to showcase resident artwork (www.reflectnus.com).
“We never want to grow simply for growth’s sake, but to move into communities where we feel we can have an impact, and that will embrace our culture and service model,” said Signature President and CEO Joe Steier. “We have already been warmly received by the teams at these centers and are eager to serve the residents in these communities.”
Signature HealthCARE operates 87 locations in seven states (Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Indiana and North Carolina) with about 14,700 employees. For more about Signature, visit LTCRevolution.com.