3M Ceradyne takes first in competition
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Aug. 1, 2014) — The winners of this year’s LiveGreenLexington Games were announced yesterday at a celebration and recognition ceremony at the Blue Stallion Brewing Company.
Eighteen businesses competed in 2013-2014 LiveGreenLexington Games competition, the fourth year of the Games. This friendly competition challenged businesses to reduce their environmental impact by increasing recycling, reducing waste, conserving energy, improving water quality and educating others about environmental issues.
In addition to recognition, Games participants received assistance to “green up” their organizations from Bluegrass GreenSource and Lexington’s Department of Environmental Quality and Public Works through the LiveGreenLexington Partner Program.
“The Games are a great way for participants to highlight what they are doing to protect the environment,” said Susan Plueger, director of the city’s Division of Environmental Policy. “Organizations often find that going green can save them money. The Games also complement the LiveGreenLexington Partner program nicely by giving Partners a chance to improve their businesses even more.”
The winners of this year’s LiveGreenLexington Games are:
- First place – 3M Ceradyne
- Second place – Dupree Catering and Events
- Third Place – Good Foods
- Waste reduction category winner – Dupree Catering and Events
- Energy conservation category winner – Good Foods
- Water stewardship category winner – Kentucky American Water
- Education Accolade – Employment Solutions
- Innovation Accolade – Bluegrass Technology Center
- Stewardship Accolade – Bullhorn