Covington, Ky. – UpTech, a Covington-based informatics business incubator, announced the nine startups that will make up the accelerator’s fourth class.
As part of the six-month program, each startup will receive free office space in Covington, a team of business support partners, mentors from a variety of business sectors and community partners.
“In our fourth year we’re looking to solidify our program’s commitment to entrepreneurship in Northern Kentucky and the Greater Cincinnati area,” said JB Woodruff, UpTech’s Program Director. “We believe the quality of our companies and our program speaks to the strength of UpTech’s foundation and the support we have received over the past three years in our region. We can’t wait to see what this year’s program will bring.”
The nine UpTech IV companies were selected from a pool of companies from all across the United States as well as from Chile, Thailand, Spain and Italy. The new class includes:
• Bevy allows businesses a scalable way to identify, contact and hire key influencers who enhance the equity of their brands. Bevy achieves this by providing deep audience analytics on top of an end-to-end influencer marketplace.
• Blinkit is a B2B community that match-makes designers, vendors and buyers. From small design studios and boutiques up to major manufacturers and retailers, we are able to quickly recommend connections and products personalized to each user. @blinkitco
• Capsule uses augmented reality to answer the age old questions, “What happened here?” by enabling people to record their story about the world around them and share its location for others to uncover. @officialcapsule
• Fanvester is an online platform designed to allow people to crowdfund live music entertainment. Fanvester gives users the power to suggest a concert in their city and request artisits to perform by collecting the necessary funds it takes to allow the show. @fanvester
• Gamejoule is all about bringing back game night. The ‘Netflix for board games’ brings back the fun by getting families and friends together, face to face, through a monthly subscription service. @gamejoules
• Hive gives all artists – big or small – a chance to get noticed, to make a difference, and to make a living doing what they love. Hive is a photo and video sharing platform that rewards posting awesome content. Each post is shared with 6 random users. For every user who likese it, it gets spread to 6 additional users, leading to exponential growth for the great content you are creating! @GoHiveApp
• KiwiLive is a mobile website that provides easy, real-time interaction between presenters and their audience members. The product offers audience polling, instant file exchange, audience commenting and even follow-up action plans. @RealKiwiLive
• Lifecycle is a customer communication platform that helps web and mobile apps acquire, convert and retain their first million users by sending better outbound messages. We make it easy to quickly test, measure and send optimized messages to users with the right content, on the right devices, at the right times-all based on how the user is interacting with their web or mobile application, and all without breaking the bank. @LifecycleIO