Season kicks off Saturday
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 2, 2015) — The University of Kentucky kicks off the football season in its renovated stadium—which is still in the process of being completed—at 7 p.m. on Saturday against the University of Louisiana-Lafayette.
Construction has caused several changes that will affect fans, most notably parking.
A few highlights as to what fans need to be aware of coming to the stadium complex:
- Many season-ticket holders were reassigned to new parking lots this offseason. Specific directions for respective permits are included with season ticket books.
- Fans are encouraged to display their parking permit when they leave their homes, enabling traffic personnel to efficiently sort and direct vehicles approaching the stadium complex.
- New Permits in 2015 — Silver, located off of Farm Road, accessible via University Drive; The Arboretum, located off of Alumni Drive, accessible via Tates Creek.
- Non-permit parking is available on Cooper Drive on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at noon on Fridays. Additional non-permit parking is available in Parking Structures No. 2, No. 3 and No. 6.
- Miller Transportation will operate campus and downtown shuttle routes independent of UK Athletics. More information is available at http://millertransportation.com/ and Miller Transportation can be reached at 859-255-2707.
- LexTran will not operate the UK Football Express Campus & Downtown shuttles for the 2015 season, but all regular LexTran routes will operate on game day. More information is available at http://www.lextran.com/route-maps/uk-football.
- Tow-behind trailers may not park on paved surface lots within the Commonwealth Stadium complex, unless they too have a parking permit. Guests bringing a tow-behind trailer on game day, without a parking permit for the trailer, will be directed to the nearest available grass lot.
Backpacks and large bags are prohibited from entering Commonwealth Stadium. Fans will be permitted to bring in one small bag, no larger than 13.5 inches by 10 inches by 7 inches. The bag must fit within sizing bins at all entrance gates. UK officials are encouraging fans to arrive early and bring as few items as possible.
UK Athletics has created a game day central website for fans to get answers about all game day operations questions.