Scheduled for Sept. 28
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Sept. 16, 2015) — Nine women’s organizations are joining Louisville’s WAVE 3 News to air and live stream a televised lieutenant governor’s debate from 7:30-8 p.m. on Sept. 28.
The debate will feature Jenean Hampton (R) and Sannie Overly (D), who are vying to become only the fourth female lieutenant governors in Kentucky, following in the footsteps of Thelma Stovall, Martha Layne Collins and current Lt. Gov. Crit Luallen.
The live 30-minute debate at WAVE-TV studios (725 South Floyd Street in Louisville) will be broadcast without any commercial interruptions. One or two questions during the debate will come from the general public; people can email suggested questions by 5 p.m. on Sept. 23 to: [email protected].
WAVE 3 News anchor and reporter Shannon Cogan will moderate the debate, with a three-member panel of political news reporters—Connie Leonard, reporter and anchor for WAVE 3 News, Tom Loftus, political reporter for the Courier-Journal and Ryland Barton, state capitol reporter for Kentucky Public Radio—asking questions.
The Nov. 3 election for governor is between Republican Matt Bevin and Democrat Jack Conway.
The in-studio audience will be comprised of members from these nine groups:
- AAUW (American Association of University Women), Louisville Branch
- BPW (Business Professional Women), River City
- CLUW (Coalition of Labor Union Women), Derby City
- Louisville Chapter of The Links Inc.
- Louisville Metro Women’s Network
- National Council of Jewish Women, Louisville Section
- National Council of Negro Women, Louisville Section
- Metropolitan Louisville Women’s Political Caucus
- Women Lawyers Association of Jefferson County