- Gregory B. Kenny has been elected to the board of directors of AK Steel. Kenny retired as president and chief executive officer of Highland Heights-based General Cable Corp. last year and currently serves as an advisor to General Cable’s CEO and board.
INSTITUTE OF REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- The Kentucky-West Virginia Chapter of the Institute of Real Estate Management has announced its officers for 2016: President – Melissa Corbett; Vice President – Anne Kilcoyne; Secretary – David (Nick) Schendeman; Treasurer – Scott Davidson; and Executive Council – Michael Scott Gavin.
KASPER ADVISORY COUNCIL
- Karen Engels Shay and Michael White Jr. have been appointed to the KASPER (Kentucky All Schedule Prescription Electronic Reporting) Advisory Council. Shay, of Clearfield, is a dentist. White, of London, is a physician at Baptist Health.
KENTUCKY ASSOCIATION OF COUNTIES
- The Kentucky Association of counties has announced its new leadership for 2016: President – Jim Henderson, Simpson County judge-executive; President-Elect – Bruce Todd, Henderson County magistrate; First Vice President – Jody Jenkins, Union County judge-executive; Second Vice President – David Nicholson, Jefferson County circuit court clerk; and Immediate Past President – Hubert Pollett, Shelby County magistrate.
KENTUCKY EDUCATION PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS BOARD
- Sarah Marie Thompson, Esther K. Fatsy and Ann Marie Morgan have been named to Kentucky’s Education Professional Standards Board.
KENTUCKY HERITAGE COUNCIL
- Tiffany N. Yeast has been appointed as a member of the Kentucky Heritage Council. Yeast, of Harrodsburg, is a human resources administrator at the Kentucky School for the Deaf.
KENTUCKY HORSE COUNCIL
- Kerry Irwin has been elected to the board of directors of the Kentucky Horse Council. Irwin is a corporate attorney and member of Dinsmore & Shohl’s equine law group.
KENTUCKY REAL ESTATE APPRAISERS BOARD
- Alton Dwain Wheeler, of Winchester, has been appointed to the state’s real estate appraisers board.
LAND BETWEEN THE LAKES ADVISORY BOARD
- Brent Stringer has been appointed to the Land Between the Lakes Advisory Board. Stringer, of Ledbetter, is employed by the City of Paducah.
LEXINGTON-BLUEGRASS ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS
- The Lexington-Bluegrass Association of Realtors has elected its officers for 2016: President – Carl Tackett, Coldwell Banker McMahan, Georgetown; President-Elect – Ty Brown, Weichert Realtors-Town & Country; Treasurer – John Groft, Re/Max Creative Realty; and Treasurer-Elect – Judy Craft – Milestone Realty Consultants. The LBAR 2016 board of directors includes: Ben Allen, Bluegrass Sotheby’s International Realty; Nancy Allison, DG Schell Real Estate; Greg Buchanan, ERA Select Real Estate; Matt Coomer, Milestone Realty Consultants; Sallie Davidson, Sallie Davidson Realtors; Sha Fister, Rector Hayden Realtors; Larry Freels, Re/Max Creative Realty; Kristy Gooch, Re/Max Elite Realty; Mike Gooch, Gooch Auction Group & Realty Co.; Todd Hyatt, Lois Ann Disponett Real Estate; Lura Justice, Rector Hayden Realtors; Becky Locknane, Milestone Realty Consultants; Randy Newsom, Twin Eagles Realty; and Amanda Stepp-Marcum, Berkshire Hathaway Foster Realtors.
LOUISVILLE AFFORDABLE HOUSING TRUST FUND
- Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer has appointed the following individuals to the 13-member board of directors of the Louisville Affordable Housing Trust Fund: Kathy Beach, senior vice president/director of deposit operations for Stock Yards Bank (banking industry representative); Roger Bright, retired real estate developer (Building Industry Association of Louisville representative); Marshall Gazaway, (retired) United States Postal Service (neighborhood association representative); Anne Mayhugh, realtor, RE/MAX Properties East (Greater Louisville Association of Realtors representative); and Curtis Stauffer, executive director of the Homeless and Housing Coalition of Kentucky (low-income housing advocates representative).
LOUISVILLE ARENA AUTHORITY
- Jack Dulworth has been appointed to the board of directors of the Louisville Arena Authority. Dulworth, of Louisville, works in investments with The Dulworth Group.
NORTHERN KENTUCKY CONVENTION CENTER CORP.
- Brent Madison Cooper has been appointed as a member of the Northern Kentucky Convention Center Corp. board of directors. Cooper, of Fort Thomas, is an information technology consultant with C-Forward.
NORTHERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION INC.
- The Northern Kentucky University Foundation Inc., which provides community support for the university, has elected new leadership for the coming year. President – Barry G. Kienzle, Paul Hemmer Co.; Vice President – John M. Lucas, Ameritas Life; Secretary – Kara Williams, Shoestring Strategies; Treasurer – Jason O. Jackman, Johnson Investment Counsel. Kristi P. Nelson, of Pomeroy IT Solutions Inc., has joined the foundation executive committee as an at-large member. New members named to the 33-member board of directors include: Aref Bsisu, Lantrust Real Estate Group; Martin C. Butler, Strauss Troy; John Carnes, Morgan Stanley; Brent Cooper, C-Forward Information Technologies; Kevin Gessner, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center; Tracy Schwegmann, Jeffrey R. Anderson Real Estate; and Mary Zalla, Landor Associates.
PRICHARD COMMITTEE FOR ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
- The Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence has named 10 new members to the statewide education advocacy group: Robert Danielson, community volunteer and retired restaurateur, Hazel; Mary Evans, retired elementary school principal, Bowling Green; Sara Beth Gregory, attorney, Monticello; Rich Maddux, CEO and president of Propulsys, Hopkinsville; Angie Major, fellow of the Governor’s Commonwealth Institute for Parent Leadership, Hopkinsville; Charles McGrew, senior education research scientist for the U.S. Department of Education, Lexington; Bill Mitchell, community and economic development administrator, Falmouth; Harry Moberly, former member of the House of Representatives and higher education administrator, Richmond; Hollie Spade, regional director of external and legislative affairs with AT&T, Frankfort; and Elaine A. Wilson, director of cultural diversity for Somerset Community College.
REALTOR-COMMUNITY HOUSING FOUNDATION
- The Realtor-Community Housing Foundation has named its 2016 officers: President – Deni Hamilton, Coldwell Banker McMahan, Georgetown; President-Elect – Bo Smith, Keller Williams Greater Lexington; Vice President – Tim Adams, Guardian Savings Bank; Secretary/Treasurer – Melinda Earlywine, Century 21 Commonwealth Real Estate; Immediate Past-President – Pat Borg, Weesner Properties. The 2016 RCHF board of directors includes: Cheryl Bromagen, City National Bank; Gesela Brown, First Security Bank; Greg Buchanan, ERA Select Real Estate; Emily Grant, Bluegrass Land Title; Ed Moore, community volunteer; Becky Murphy, Charlie Murphy Real Estate; Maggie Napier, Napier Realtors; Jeff Rietze, Rector Hayden Realtors; Amanda Stepp-Marcum, Berkshire Hathaway Foster Realtors; Rusty Underwood, Milestone Realty Consultants; Casey Weesner, Weesner Properties Inc.; and Joan Whitman, Whitman Realtors. RCHF is a 501(c) (3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization established by the Lexington-Bluegrass Association of Realtors with the goal of helping homeowners in need stay in their home and help single parents become first-time homeowners.
STATE BOARD OF ELECTIONS
- Joshua Givens Branscum has been appointed to the State Board of Elections, representing the Republican Party. Branscum, of Russell Springs, works in business development for Branscum Construction.