CINCINNATI, Oh. — Fifth Third Bank, National Association, today announced temporary modifications to onsite banking services to help slow the spread of the coronavirus, beginning Saturday, March 21. Customers needing to conduct simple financial transactions are requested to use drive-through services, digital solutions such as online or mobile banking, or the Bank’s network of approximately 53,000 fee-free ATMs.
Beginning Saturday, March 21, Fifth Third banking center lobbies will remain open to serve customers by appointment only and will not be open for general access. Bankers will remain available and ready to help by phone. Customers who would like to meet with a banker in person can schedule an appointment on 53.com, our mobile app or by calling their local banking center. Each banking center will also prominently display signage with assistance on how to schedule an appointment. Bank Mart locations will remain open, but hours will change to 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
“Our banking centers are the face of our company for many customers,” said Greg D. Carmichael, chairman, president and CEO of Fifth Third. “That’s why we are committed to continuing to serve our customers at banking centers as best we can. While we have to temporarily adapt our banking experience to keep our customers and employees safe, we are working to ensure it remains as easy and convenient as possible to do business with us. We appreciate our customers’ understanding during these challenging times.”
“Our priority is making sure we are fully present to serve and advise customers,” said Brian Lamb, head of Retail Banking and Retail Brokerage. “We understand that customer needs may change during this time of uncertainty, and we want to make sure that we adjust to meet them. We are grateful for our customers’ patience as we navigate through this unprecedented situation together.”
Fifth Third has added enhanced cleaning measures to its offices to help safeguard employees and those who visit banking centers. The company also has created additional benefits to help employees through this situation. Those benefits include commitments to continue to pay employees if they become sick, are taking care of a family member who is ill or are navigating daycare or school closures.
Additional support for consumer and business customers facing financial hardship related to COVID-19 includes:
- Vehicle Payment Deferral Program: Payment deferral for up to 90 days and no late fees during the deferral period.
- Consumer Credit Card Deferral Program: Payment deferral for up to three payments and no late fees during the deferral period.
- Mortgage and Home Equity Program: 90-day payment forbearance with no late fees.
- Small Business Payment Deferral Program: Payment deferral program for up to 90 days, no late fees and a range of loan modification options. The Bank is waiving all fees on Fifth Third Fast Capital loans for six months.
- Fee Waiver Program: Fee waivers for up to 90 days for a range of consumer and small business deposit products and services.
- Vehicle loans: Suspension of initiating any new repossession actions on vehicles for the next 60 days.
- Foreclosures: Suspension of all foreclosure activity on homes for the next 60 days.
Customers should call Fifth Third to participate in these relief efforts. In addition, customers are reminded that interest will accrue during the 90-day no payment period for each of the deferral programs.
Fifth Third is prepared to assist customers with their questions or concerns. A dedicated support page is available at 53.com as the first point of contact for all customers. Representatives are available at 800-972-3030 Monday through Saturdays.