FRANKFORT, Ky. — Gov. Andy Beshear has made the following appointments to Kentucky boards and commissions:
Appointed Herbert L. McKee Jr. as the Commonwealth’s Attorney for the 51st Judicial Circuit of Kentucky.
Appointed Heather Smith as a member of the Advisory Council for Medical Assistance. Reappointed Susan Stewart.
- Heather Smith of London is the director of IT and billing at Renaissance Medical. She replaces Teresa Aldridge, whose term has expired, and shall serve for a term expiring Aug. 24, 2026.
- Susan Stewart of Hazard is the system director for Appalachian Regional Health Care and shall serve for a term expiring April 15, 2026.
Appointed Russ Clark as a member of the Kentucky Wireless Interoperability Executive Committee.
- Russ Clark of Lancaster is the 911 PSAP director for Bluegrass 911 Central Communications. He replaces Buford H. Hurley, whose term has expired, and shall serve for a term expiring Aug. 24, 2024.
Reappointed Nathan Thacker as a member of the Kentucky Board of Licensure for Massage Therapy.
- Nathan Thacker of Lexington is a paralegal at Braxton Crenshaw, Attorney at Law, and shall serve for a term expiring July 6, 2025.
Appointed J. David Stipes as a member of the Chemical Demilitarization Citizens’ Advisory Commission.
- J. David Stipes of Richmond is the industrial development executive for the City of Richmond. He replaces Sheila Pressley, who is deceased.
Reappointed Cathy Thomas and Samuel Devine as members of the Historic Properties Advisory Commission.
- Cathy Thomas of Frankfort is retired and shall serve for a term expiring Aug. 11, 2026.
- Samuel Devine of Frankfort is a special assistant for the Commonwealth of Kentucky and shall serve for a term expiring Aug. 11, 2026.
Appointed John Wolf as a member of the Kentucky Emergency Response Commission.
- John Gregory Wolf of Lawrenceburg is the Commissioner of the Department of Criminal Investigations for the Office of the Attorney General and shall serve for a term expiring Aug. 30, 2024.
Appointed Keith Murt and Russell Tilford as members of the Land Between the Lakes Advisory Board.
- Keith Murt of Paducah is president of Murtco Inc. and shall serve for a term expiring Aug. 30, 2027.
- Russell Tilford of Kevil is the superintendent of Lyon County Schools and shall serve for a term expiring Aug. 30, 2027.
Reappointed Rick Bowersox as a member of the Board of Registration for Professional Geologists.
- Rick Bowersox of Lexington is a senior research geologist at the University of Kentucky and shall serve for a term expiring July 14, 2026.
Appointed Darrell Griffith as a member of the Colon Cancer Screening Advisory Committee. The Governor has also reappointed Steven Harrell.
- Darrell Griffith of Louisville is university ambassador for the University of Louisville. He replaces Nathan Vanderford, whose term has expired, and shall serve for a term expiring Aug. 24. 2026.
- Steven Harrell of Louisville is a physician at Gastroenterology Health Partners and shall serve for a term expiring July 15, 2026.
Reappointed Amy Tarter Smith, Greta McKenzie, Twila Burdette, Beth Ann Morton and Connie White as members of the Early Childhood Advisory Council. Appointed Dr. Felicia Cumings Smith as chair.
- Amy Tarter Smith of Somerset is principal of Memorial Education Center and shall serve for a term expiring June 30, 2026.
- Greta McKenzie of Russellville is an early intervention specialist at the First Steps program and shall serve for a term expiring June 30, 2026.
- Twila Burdette Mount Vernon is director of the Rockcastle Early Childhood Education and Child Development Center and shall serve for a term expiring June 30, 2026.
- Beth Ann Morton of Lexington is director of child development at Baptist Health Lexington and shall serve for a term expiring June 30, 2026.
- Connie White of Frankfort is deputy commissioner of clinical affairs at the Kentucky Department of Public Health and shall serve for a term expiring June 30, 2026.
- Felicia Cumings Smith of Frankfort is president of the National Center for Families Learning.
Click here for more Kentucky business news.