Also will create four new positions
ELIZABETHTOWN, Ky. (Nov. 28, 2016) — Elizabethtown Community and Technical College has received a 5-year $1.18 million TRIO Educational Opportunity Center grant to provide counseling and information on college admissions to qualified adults who want to enter, re-enter or continue a program of postsecondary education. The program provides assistance in preparing necessary admissions and financial aid applications.
EOC aims to increase the number of adult participants who enroll in postsecondary education institutions to 1,000 people each year.
EOC is available in Breckinridge, Grayson, Green, Hardin, LaRue, Marion, Meade, Nelson, Taylor and Washington counties. The program focuses on first-generation college graduates and low-income, based on Federal Income Guidelines, but anyone can apply.
ECTC will fill four new positions to staff this grant for at least five years. They will provide the following services:
- Academic advice and assistance in course selection
- Assistance in completing college admission and financial aid applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance examinations
- Education or counseling services designed to improve the financial and economic literacy of participants
- Guidance on secondary school reentry or entry to a General Educational Development (GED) program or other alternative education program for secondary school dropouts
- Individualized personal, career, and academic counseling
- Career workshops
- Referral services to community and educational resources