Beshear appoints state geographer, reappoints five others
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Jan. 9, 2015) — Gov. Steve Beshear has made the following appointments to Kentucky boards and commissions:
Reappointed to the Kentucky Economic Development Partnership Board to serve for terms expiring Oct. 1, 2018:
- William T. “Bill” Robinson, of Erlanger, is an attorney at Frost Brown Todd LLC. He represents the 4th Congressional District and the Associated Industries of Kentucky.
- Terry E. Forcht, of Corbin, is chairman and CEO at Forcht Group of Kentucky Inc. He represents the 5th Congressional District and the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce.
Appointed as state geographer to serve for a term expiring Jan. 1, 2016.
- Matthew A. Zook, of Lexington, is a professor at the University of Kentucky. The appointment replaces Gary A. O’Dell, whose term has expired.
Reappointed to the Appalachian/Kentucky Artisans Gateway Center Authority to serve for a term expiring Jan. 1, 2019.
- Eugenia Kelly Potter, of Louisville, is retired. She represents the Kentucky Arts Council.
Reappointed to the Kentucky Board of Licensure for Long-Term Care Administrators:
- Christopher B. Minnich, of Bowling Green, is administrator and owner of Fair Oaks Health Systems. He represents the Kentucky Association of Health Care Facilities. Minnich shall serve for a term expiring Jan. 12, 2018.
- Joseph Robert Flatt, of Louisville, is a nursing home administrator and registered nurse at Essex Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. He represents the Kentucky Association of Health Care Facilities. Flatt shall serve for a term expiring Jan. 12, 2019.