Deadline to enroll is Feb. 15
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Feb. 2, 2015) — Nearly 137,500 Kentuckians have newly enrolled for health care coverage or renewed their current plans through kynect since open enrollment began on Nov. 15, 2014. The deadline to enroll is Feb. 15.
This enrollment total includes individuals who have either newly enrolled in a private health insurance plan, qualified for Medicaid coverage or renewed the private insurance plans they purchased through kynect last year.
Outreach events continue at several campuses in the Kentucky Community and Technical College System at:
- Bluegrass Community & Technical College (BCTC), Leestown campus and Newtown campus, 10 a.m.–2 p.m., Tuesday
- Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC), downtown campus, 10 a.m.–2 p.m., Wednesday, Thursday
- Gateway Community and Technical College, Urban Covington campus (Two Rivers Building), 10 a.m.–2 p.m., Feb. 9 and 10
- Gateway Community and Technical College, Boone campus, 10 a.m.–2 p.m., Feb. 11 and 12
The following kynect enrollment statistics are current as of 3:30 p.m. Jan. 29th:
- 561,104 unique visitors viewing more than 19.6 million pages
- 290,629 individuals have conducted preliminary screenings
- 431,528 calls have been handled by the kynect contact center
- 31,284 new accounts have been created
- 7,855 people have downloaded the new kynect app
- 50,754 new applications for coverage have been submitted
- 43,181 have enrolled in Medicaid coverage
- 75,760 individuals have renewed their enrollment in a qualified health plan
- 18,533 individuals have newly enrolled in a qualified health plan
- 4,914 individuals have enrolled in dental plans
- 6,688 visitors to the kynect store at Fayette Mall in Lexington have completed 4,312 applications for new coverage
Individuals who qualified for an Advanced Premium Tax Credit (APTC) through kynect will receive a 1095-A tax form in the mail as required by the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Form 1095-A provides information for individuals and families who received payment assistance to help them fill out IRS Form 8962 as part of their federal return.
For questions about Form 1095-A call 1-844-373-2417.
Individuals with Medicaid, KCHIP, Medicare, catastrophic health insurance or insurance through an employer or other agency do not need Form 1095-A to file their federal income taxes.